积分 516
帖子 48
阅读权限 100
注册 2007-4-3
状态 离线
发表于 2007-6-18 14:30  资料  短消息  加为好友 
北条司访谈系列 专辑一

北条司访谈系列 专辑一

各种访谈是了解北条的重要途径,也是很好的基础资源。但是大部份的访谈都是日文或者英文的,不利于阅读。我希望能把收集到的访谈翻译整理,然后分享出来,希望大家能喜欢并从中找到自己需要的信息资料。
      手头资料无法一次整理完毕,我会分数个专辑分享,并在各个专辑间做目录索引和链接,以方便阅读和查找。
      我个人翻译基本采取意译法,但同时也提供原文参照和资料来源,大家可以各取所需。
英文文字资料、图片原始版权各归原主
中文翻译:CATNJ

CATNJ
June 18 2007

留言版访谈文章目录链接

北条的专访      By      城市猎猫
                                                  ……老北一篇少见的访谈      By      香良
                                                   北条司访谈系列 专辑一       By      CatNj
                                                   北条司访谈系列 专辑二       By      CatNj

专辑一:ANIMATES EXPO 2002 访谈翻译稿

说明:
为了推广作品,北条会参与在美国举办的漫画展。下面是ANIMATES EXPO 2002的内容。

ANIMATES EXPO 2002

时间:04/07/2002 - 07/07/2002
地点:Los Angeles (the USA)
         Length Beach Convention Center, Long Beach Hyatt and Long Beach Westin
资料来源:  Angelus City,Mick42,NJ

Anime Expo 是美国最早的也是最重要的关于日本动漫的会展。
在2002年北条司作为荣誉嘉宾参与了会展。
在会展开幕式时北条未能及时赶到,但是北条制作了一个动画短篇在开幕式上播放,在这个短片中,北条在新宿一间咖啡厅中看着窗外熙攘的人群,随后走向Coamix 大楼,在那里北条看到了原 哲夫 和阿建,然后北条意识到自己要参加Anime Expo而且快要迟到,只好叫了一辆出租车,说:“Expo Animates, 快!”这段短篇效果非常成功。

下面是一段北条当时(Animates Expo 2002)的留言

随着Raijin Comics在美国的发行,我的漫画即将这本周刊上与美国读者见面。对此我非常兴奋,也十分荣幸。我对这本杂志和《城市猎人》都投入了相当的心血,我相信美国的读者们会喜欢它们。我对美国并不陌生,以前我曾来这里进行访问、研究枪械,也曾在商业学校里学习射击。在《城市猎人》中你们会发现所有武器的描绘、使用、情景都是有着很坚实的事实基础的。我在这部作品上投入了8年的时间和极大的精力以确保故事本身以及众多角色都能够符合读者的口味和期望。我希望美国的读者们能够欣赏我的作品,并把接受日式漫画为新的娱乐内容。我与大家的这次聚会将是令人愉快的,我希望我的作品,当然也包括其他在Raijin刊登的作品能够感动每一位读者。

北条司,2002年7月30号 于东京

翻译:CANNJ

English message

“With the launching of Raijin Comics, I very excited and am honoured with my manga to have published one in a weekly magazine in the United States. I invested my heart and my heart in City Hunter and I am trustful that American in love with manga will appreciate my work. I travelled to US, visiting and leading my research in the American school of training of mercenaries and involving me to the shooting range. You will notice that the details minor of this work are a faithful image of how the weapons with fire are used and handled. City Hunter is a work which I carried out and finished in the 8 years space. I spent innumerable hours ensuring me that the history and the characters were with the taste of the readers. I hope that the American assistantship will come from there to appreciate my work and the manga like a new type of entertainment. I anticipate the day with pleasure when I will meet you with the US one. I hope that my work, as well as the others manga of Raijin, will touch many readers.” Tsukasa HÔJÔ, Tokyo, 30/07/2002
(TRANS:NJ)

Source: NJ

下面这段北条访谈问答内容是由Mick42提供的,虽然不完整(甚至有错误的可能),但是还是能了解一些东西的。

[Q:] In addition to observing people, there another source of inspiration or another research which you make for your work, City Hunter or Cat' S Eye?
除了观察人之外,你在创作《猫眼三姐妹》和《城市猎人》时有其他灵感的来源或者进行了其他的研究么?

[R: Nobuhiko Horie] Hojo san is in fact photo hobbyist. It takes a number impressing of photographs at the time of its voyages. But, there must be very few us of it, if not one is as small as that.
北条实际上也是一位摄影爱好者,在他旅行的时候都會拍下不少令人有深刻印象风景照。照片中通常很少有人,即使有也不会很多。

[R: Tsukasa Hojo] Hum… in fact, I need to have people in my photographs of landscape to have an idea of scale. (Laughter of the audience)
嗯•••实际上,我在风景照中还是需要有人的,因为需要人来作为大小比例的参照(向观众笑)

[R: Nobuhiko Horie] the use of photographs is rather important. For example, much of young people mangaka do not know with what a kimono resembles and base themselves on photographs. One would find mannequins to wear a kimono and one would take photographs of various installations. One takes many photographs for reference.
照片的使用是相当重要的,举例来说,年轻漫画家如果想很好地了解和服,那么完全可以借助拍照的方法。比如找一个模特来穿和服,同时将过程从各个角度拍下,以后就能用这些照片来做参考。

[Q:] Tsukase Hojo, you have a new series, Angel Heart. How long do you intend to continue it? Will you do one of them animates?
北条司先生你的新连载作品《天使心》大概会连载多久呢?你会把她制作为动画么?

[R: Tsukasa Hojo] Ca will depend on its popularity.
这大概要取决于作品受欢迎的程度了。

[R: Nobuhiko Horie] As many manga which was changed animates some, Dragonball was not in fact not so popular in the first times and one thought of the manner of improving it, when the series became popular after the episodes of the contests of martial arts. Dr. Slump and Hokuto No Ken were the 2 only manga of which animate them were popular immediately. Dragonball had a little room for manoeuvre thanks to the success of Dr. Slump.
说到漫画动画化,龙珠在刚刚改编成动画时其实并不十分受欢迎,这使得制作者一度考虑如何改进她,一直到武林大会这个章节后,动画龙珠才渐渐受欢迎。阿拉蕾和北斗神拳刚改编为动画马上就受到了欢迎,但这是十分少见的。龙珠在改进时也汲取了来自于阿拉蕾成功的经验。

[Q:] Akira Kamiya, how much voice Ryô really have?
神谷 明,RYO到底有多少种声音呢?

[R: Akira Kamiya] Ryô has 4 votes. Let to me show you.
RYO有4种声音,我来示范一下。(开始示范)

[Q:] Which your source of inspiration or your research for the scenes D " action of City Hunter and Cat' S Eye?
《猫眼三姐妹》和《城市猎人》场景的灵感是来源于哪里呢?

[R: Tsukasa Hojo] I do not regard them as stories of action. One can undoubtedly find more action in animates, but I think that these manga turns more around the human relations and interactions.
我不认为《猫眼三姐妹》和《城市猎人》是动作类的故事,当然从动画中我们可以感受到更多动感,但是我认为漫画更能表现出人与人的关系和互动。(很明显,这里和问题接不上)

[Q: fan] you translate Mokkori for us?
您能为我们翻译一下Mokkori么?

[R: Tsukasa Hojo] (Laughter) That do you think about it?
(笑)你觉得那是什么意思呢? (大家可以去查查这个词是什么意思,CATNJ

[Q:] the details of the weapons of City Hunter and Cat' S Eye are exact. Which type of research do you have make for that?
《猫眼三姐妹》和《城市猎人》中的细节都非常真实,您为此做了怎样的准备工作呢?

[R: Nobuhiko Horie] the laws in Japan are rather different from those from here. It is almost impossible for an ordinary person to put the hand on a weapon. Therefore one went with. One engaged an instructor of shooting Tsukasa and me, one had to draw 2000 balls with us two. We are also to go in Guam to request council from Red Nelson who east had had the 3rd place with the championship of national shooting.
日本的法律和这里(美国)非常不同。普通人基本不可能获得任何武器。因此我们找人参与,指导我们射击的动作,我们一共练习了2000发子弹。同时我们也到关岛找到Red Nelson做咨询,他曾获美国射击锦标赛第3名。

SEQUENTIAL TART专访
Hunting Manga Dreams in the City

在城市中追寻漫画梦想

Tsukasa Hojo

by Trisha L. Sebastian
中文翻译:CATNJ

说明
Sequential Tart 是一份动漫网络爱好者杂志,他们专门进行各种专访并制作成相关文章。
Coamix. Inc这次联系到了Trisha L. Sebastian,在 Animates Expo 2002期间对Tsukasa Hojo进行了专访。这篇专访最初由Sequential Tart整理发布。Sequential Tart拥有完全的版权。

关于中文翻译:
文章原始来源http://www.sequentialtart.com/archive/aug02/hojo.shtml
文章本身就包括一些乱码,但是基本不影响阅读。

前言

I was a little intimidated when I stepped into the suite where Tsukasa Hojo was conducting private interviews. In addition to Hojo-san, Nobuhiko Horie, the co-founder of Coamix, Inc. was in the room along with Jonathan Tarbox, the translator for the premiere issue of Raijin Comics #0, a representatives from Gutsoon! Entertainment抯 public relations firm, and an Anime Expo staffer and translator, Angie Shima Karino. I抳e never done an interview in front of so many people before.
在我踏入房间即将对北条司进行专访的时候,我感到了一丝拘促与压力。与北条先生一起接受访问的还有Coamix, Inc的创始人Nobuhiko Horie及Raijin Comics 创刊号的主要翻译Jonathan Tarbox。后者同时也代表了Gutsoon。同时,公司的娱乐公关人员,Anime Expo的员工兼翻译Angie Shima Karino也在场。我从来没有在这么多人面前进行过个人专访。

Dazed, I exchanged business cards with Horie-san, grateful that I remembered the etiquette involved. The following interview was warm and friendly. When there were questions Hojo-san could not answer, Horie-san was able to step in and clarify some remarks. At the end of the interview, I had maybe two more questions to ask, and asked to submit them to Hojo-san later, to which he replied with a laugh, "Don抰 make them so hard." I couldn抰 tell if he was serious or not, but I was told later that he appreciated that I asked so many questions about his work and that I did my homework.
与北条先生交换名片时我激动万分,但谢天谢地我没有作出失礼的行为。接下来的专访令人觉得温馨而友好。每当问到不方便回答的问题,北条先生都會作出必要的说明和解释。在专访结束的时候,我希望还能再问两个问题。于是我问北条先生的随从人员是否能稍后再给我额外的一些时间,北条先生却笑着说:“别太为难他们了。”我不知道北条先生是不是认真的,但稍后我被告知北条先生非常感谢我问了那么多关于他工作的问题,也感到我做了很多的事前准备。

Tsukasa Hojo抯 manga work has spanned 20 years, with titles like Cat抯 Eye, Family Compo, and Neko Manma Okawari. Some of them have been adapted into live-action and anime formats. The title most American audiences would be familiar with is City Hunter which was both an anime and a live action movie as well as a manga. City Hunter will be published in manga format in American for the very first time in Raijin Comics.
北条司从事漫画事业超过20年,以《猫眼三姐妹》、《城市猎人》、《非常家庭》等作品赢得了极高的声誉。这些作品中相当部分都被改编制作为动画甚至真人电影,美国读者最为熟悉的《城市猎人》就是最好的例子。《城市猎人》将由Raijin Comics第一次在美国以漫画的形式出版发行。

Sequential Tart: So when did you know you wanted to become a manga artist?
请问您时什么时候开始希望成为一个漫画家的呢?

Tsukasa Hojo: After I became a manga artist. [Laughter] I抳e been drawing since I was little, but I never drew a story; it was just pieces of art. I started to draw a little more in high school but I didn抰 have much speed with the number of drawings, so I didn抰 know that I would be able to do manga.
在我成为漫画家之后.(笑)
我从很小就开始画画了,不过那时并没有画什么故事,只是画些零零碎碎的东西。高中的时候我画的东西更多了一些,但是我画画的速度并不快,所以我并不觉得自己能成为漫画家。

ST: What kind of manga did you read when you were younger and how would you say that influenced you?
您小的时候看过哪些漫画呢?有哪些对您产生过影响呢?

TH: I didn抰 really buy manga [when I was younger]. Right after I was born was when the TV was prevalent in Japan and became more commonplace, and TV animation just started up at that time. I had more influence from TV animation than comics so I grew up watching [shows like] Tetsuwan Atam (Astro Boy. If you were to ask me if there was one favorite, I wouldn抰 be able to name it because at the time, everything was interesting, so I watched everything that was on. I抦 not the only one, [and] all of my friends probably have more knowledge of animation than I do.
我小的时候其实并没有专门去买漫画。我出生后的年代电视在日本开始普及,同时电视动画也开始起步。因此要说影响的话,也许电视动画对我影响更大。那时我还小,所有的动画对我们都很有吸引力,我没有办法一一把他们说出来。不过你要是一定要我说出一部的话,我想大概会是《铁臂阿童木》。其实我周围所有的朋友大概都比我更了解动画片。

ST: Did you study at a formal school after high school?
高中毕业后您在大学学习什么科目呢?

TH: I did attend a design school, the Kyushu Sangyou Daigaku in the arts division. I actually debuted [as a manga artist] before I graduated when I entered a contest for Shounen Jump for the Tezuka Prize. [Hojo was the runner up.]
我报考了九州产业大学艺术学院属下的设计学院。不过我从事漫画行业也许应该从我毕业前,参加由《少年跳跃》杂志举办的“手冢奖”开始算起吧。

ST: What was the very first manga series that you drew?
您画的第一个连载漫画是那一部呢?

TH: [It was] Cat抯 Eye.
《猫眼三姐妹》

ST: How did you create it? What was the idea behind it?
最初您是如何进行构思的呢?有什么事情触发了您的灵感么?

TH: [Laughter] To explain it would take a little long...
(笑)这说起来大概是个很长的故事了•••

ST: Two or three sentences?
或许能简要地说一下?

TH: I was out drinking with my college buddies and that抯 how the idea came about. [Laughter] It started off with the story about a family where the dad and the son are cops and the mom and the daughter were the robbers. But of course the son and dad don抰 know that the other family members are robbers. At night, the mom would be in bed with the dad and asking about [his day] and finding out what happened.
这个想法其实是在我和大学同学一起出去喝酒时产生的。(笑)开始时的故事设想在是一个四人家庭中,爸爸和儿子是警察而妈妈和女儿是小偷。当然了,父亲和儿子并不知道妈妈和女儿是小偷。每天晚上妈妈在睡觉时都會和爸爸聊天套话。

ST: What is the typical work day for you like? How much time do you spend drawing and how much time do you spend writing?
通常您的日常工作是怎样安排的呢?您如何分配绘画和文字所占用的时间呢?

TH: My day usually runs from about eleven thirty in the morning to past one am or two thirty. Of course I eat and drink during that time, too. [Laughter]
我工作通常从早上11点半开始一直持续到凌晨1点或者2点半,当然中间也包括了吃饭和休息的时间。(笑)

ST: Do you have any assistants and if so, what do they do for you?
您有助手么?如果有的话,有几个呢?他们会担负什么样的工作内容呢?

TH: I have four assistants. [They] handle the finishing of the rough sketches and the scenery.
我有4个助手,他们负责完成我绘制的草图以及背景。

ST: What kind of art tools do you use? What kind of brushes and pens?
您使用什么样的绘画工具呢?比如说什么样的画笔或是铅笔?

TH: They抮e called 搒poon?pens.
(这里实在无法翻译)

ST: Of the manga series you抳e written, which is your favorite and why?
在您创作的系列漫画中,哪个是您最喜欢的呢?为什么?

TH: The one that I抦 working on right now is my favorite. Because I believe that what I抦 working on is the most interesting and most fun, I抦 not able to draw anything is not as interesting as the previous, if not more interesting.
我现在正在绘制的作品就是我最喜欢的。因为我认为我总是会把自己最感兴趣的事物作为当前的工作主题。同时,要是一个主题没有之前的主题有趣的话,我就不会去选择这个主题来进行创作。

ST: What are you currently working on right now?                                                                     
您目前正在绘制的是哪部作品呢?

TH: I抦 doing a weekly comic called Angel Heart.
我目前正在连载的的漫画是每周一集的《天使心》

ST: What is Angel Heart about?
《天使心》是一个怎样的故事呢?

TH: That is a long answer. [Laughter]
说来话长(笑)

ST: How far in the series are you right now?
《天使心》连载了多久呢?

TH: It抯 been running for about a year and a half.
一年半了。

ST: Can you give a brief summary about the first chapter?
您能做一个简要的介绍么?

TH: It抯 based on events in City Hunter.
基本上她是以《城市猎人》为原型的故事。

Nobuhiko Horie: It抯 more of a sequel, using the same characters as City Hunter where Ryo was married to Kaori. Unfortunately, she passes away in an accident and her heart gets transplanted into the body of an assassin.
故事延续了《城市猎人》的结局,RYO即将和KAORI结婚的时候,KAORI在一次意外中不幸身亡而她的心脏被移植到一个杀手的体内。

ST: That sounds similar to the movie Return to Me with David Duchovny and Minnie Driver.
听起来和David Duchovny和Minnie Driver主演的《Return to Me》很相似。

TH: My story came first. [Laughter]
先有我的故事的(笑)

NH: Because the assassin has Kaori抯 heart, they start to develop a father-daughter relationship. She抯 only fifteen, but she was raised as an assassin. Basically, although Kaori died, she still lives through the girl.
因为这个杀手被移植了KAORI的心脏,她和RYO产生了类似父女的关系,她只有15岁,但从小被作为杀手而培养。基本上,虽然KAORI去世了,但精神上依然和这个女孩一同存在。

ST: Is this kind of supernatural story something you find yourself returning to as a theme?
这是不是意味着您的创作主题回到了超自然故事方面呢?

TH: I can抰 decide now. But I have used that kind of theme before in City Hunter, so it抯 not new. In all of my work, it appears somehow.
并不能这样说,在《城市猎人》中也曾出现过类似的情节,因此它并不是新构思出来了。基本上,类似情节在我的很多作品中都曾出现。

ST: In addition to using supernatural elements, what other elements do you find yourself using again and again?
除了超自然元素外,还有其他您在自己的作品中一再使用的主题么?

TH: I don抰 want to really talk about themes, but probably [the idea of] family [comes up a lot].
虽然我不是很想用“主题”这个概念来归纳,但是“家庭”大概能算其中一个反复出现的元素。

ST: What would you say has influenced your art style?
您认为什么对您的艺术风格影响最大呢?

TH: Everything that has caught my eye, I consider an influence.
所有映入眼帘的事物都會对我有一定的影响。

ST: Do you follow any titles right now and if so, which ones?
您目前还看其他漫画家画的漫画么?

TH: No, because I am too busy. Reading manga is tiring. [Laughs]
不,我实在太忙了,看漫画本身就是一件极其累人的事情(笑)

NH: In Japan, a lot of manga-ka don抰 read other people抯 work. That抯 because what happens when you read other people抯 work, that抯 all that you see and the imagination doesn抰 take off. So a lot of them try and refrain from looking at others?work.
在日本,很多漫画家都选择不看其他人的作品。这是因为当你看了别人的作品后,或多或少会在你的脑海里留下印象,有时甚至是挥之不去的印象,从而很有可能影响自己的创作。

ST: That抯 an interesting difference because I抳e noticed that a lot of American creators read other works.
这真是一个很有趣的差别,因为我注意到很多美国漫画家都會互相阅读彼此的作品。

NH: There抯 a saying in Japanese where basically the meaning is that your ideas are not going to get any greater that what you have already seen. Usually the manga-ka have already seen a lot from when they were young and you get to a point where you have to rely on your own imagination.
在日本,人们通常认为你看的越多那么你创作的局限就越大。实际上,大部分漫画家在小的时候就已经看过相当多的漫画,但是他们都會最终找到一个创作的平衡点。

ST: When Coamix, Inc. was founded in June 2000, what influenced your decision to join them?
当Coamix, Inc2000年成立的时候,是什么促使了您决定参与其中呢?

TH: [With a look at Horie-san] I wanted to save this very knowledgeable and influential editor from falling to his demise. [Much laughter.] That抯 a joke.
(看了Horie一眼)我希望这位有知识又有能力的总编能继续发光发热而不至于走下坡路(大笑)开个玩笑。

NH: There抯 some truth in that. [Laughs.]
确实如此(笑)

ST: How much input do you have in the material that will be in Raijin Comics?
您对Raijin Comics的工作会有多少实质性的投入呢?

TH: Ultimately, it will be the editor [who chooses]. [Horie-san and I] see each other every day and every day is like a meeting and during those talks, we might say, 揥ell, how about ... ??/p>
基本上,我会以编辑的身份出现。Horie和我每天都會见面,讨论一些问题,诸如此类。

ST: I saw the video that was shown at the opening ceremonies and I thought that it was very, very funny. How long did that take to put together?
我看过开幕式上的录像,真的是非常有趣,那个录像的剪辑花了很长时间么?

TH: It was extraordinarily hard — three hours. [Laughter.]
那确实是件极其麻烦的事情,大约3小时吧(笑)

ST: Whose idea was it?
是谁的主意呢?

TH: It was the two of us [him and Horie-san] talking.
我和Horie的。

ST: Will you be appearing at any other conventions this year?
今年,您还会参加其他会展么?

TH: My staff or other people from the company might be [at other conventions], but I will not because I'm very busy.
我的员工或者公司其他人也许会参加,但是我实在太忙了因此我不会再参加其他的活动了。

人物名称:

NH:Nobuhiko Horie  掘江信彦
TH:Tsukasa HOJO  北条司
AK:Akira Kamiya    神谷明    日本男性声优,作品包括:相聚一刻 - 三鹰瞬;名侦探柯南 - 毛利小五郎;城市猎人 - 冴羽獠

北条司访谈系列 专辑一

相关帖子:
北条司访谈系列 专辑二

[ 本帖最后由 CatNj 于 2007-7-3 15:24 编辑 ]

顶部
sunnyhm
小试牛刀

北条司50大寿记念勋章  
UID 1996
精华 3
积分 126
帖子 120
阅读权限 20
注册 2007-6-7
状态 离线
发表于 2007-6-18 21:31  资料  短消息  加为好友 
这么多内容,顶一个先

顶部
香良
自由撰稿人

北条司50大寿记念勋章  
UID 1401
精华 6
积分 2604
帖子 1779
阅读权限 100
注册 2006-12-4
状态 离线
发表于 2007-6-21 13:05  资料  短消息  加为好友  QQ
我爱死老北了~~~~~~~~~~
还有这个……在会展开幕式时北条未能及时赶到,但是北条制作了一个动画短篇在开幕式上播放,在这个短片中,北条在新宿一间咖啡厅中看着窗外熙攘的人群,随后走向Coamix 大楼,在那里北条看到了原 哲夫 和阿建,然后北条意识到自己要参加Anime Expo而且快要迟到,只好叫了一辆出租车,说:“Expo Animates, 快!”这段短篇效果非常成功。

我好想看啊~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!

I MISS YOU 老北
顶部
香良
自由撰稿人

北条司50大寿记念勋章  
UID 1401
精华 6
积分 2604
帖子 1779
阅读权限 100
注册 2006-12-4
状态 离线
发表于 2007-6-21 13:27  资料  短消息  加为好友  QQ
老北真的很幽默呢……

ST: That sounds similar to the movie Return to Me with David Duchovny and Minnie Driver.
听起来和David Duchovny和Minnie Driver主演的《Return to Me》很相似。
TH: My story came first. [Laughter]
先有我的故事的(笑)

ST: When Coamix, Inc. was founded in June 2000, what influenced your decision to join them?
当Coamix, Inc2000年成立的时候,是什么促使了您决定参与其中呢?
TH: [With a look at Horie-san] I wanted to save this very knowledgeable and influential editor from falling to his demise. [Much laughter.] That抯 a joke.
(看了Horie一眼)我希望这位有知识又有能力的总编能继续发光发热而不至于走下坡路(大笑)开个玩笑。
NH: There抯 some truth in that. [Laughs.]
确实如此(笑)

还有关于“家庭”这个概念,说实话,我是一路看着老北是漫画,才让我觉得结婚有个家庭原来是件那么美好和有趣的事情啊~~~

[ 本帖最后由 香良 于 2007-6-21 13:29 编辑 ]

I MISS YOU 老北
顶部

当前时区 GMT+8, 现在时间是 2024-3-29 17:23
津ICP备09012152号-1

本论坛支付平台由支付宝提供
携手打造安全诚信的交易社区 Powered by Discuz! 5.5.0  © 2001-2007 Comsenz Inc.
Processed in 0.027514 second(s), 6 queries

清除 Cookies - 联系我们 - www.hojocn.com - Archiver - WAP